Journal subject areas
Wind Energy Science welcomes contributions on the following topics:
- wind and the atmosphere (atmospheric physics; wind and turbulence);
- fluid mechanics (wind turbine aerodynamics; wakes and wind farm aerodynamics; aeroacoustics; hydrodynamics);
- dynamics and control (dynamics and aeroservoelasticity; wind turbine control; wind farm control);
- wind technologies (design concepts and methods for plants, turbines and components; systems engineering; offshore technology; airborne technology);
- materials and operation (material science and structural mechanics; structural monitoring and testing; fatigue; end-of-life assessment and lifetime extension; operation and maintenance, condition monitoring, reliability);
- electrical conversion, integration and impacts (electrical conversion, grid integration and Wind-to-X; forecasting and market integration; sustainability, environmental and socio-economic aspects).